Just how productive an ending is -tober, do you suppose? A few minutes of seaching has turned up the following:
- Crocktober -- promotion by the Crock-Pot(tm) company of their slow-cooker line.
- Motor-Tober -- from the MINI (car) people.
- Biketober -- There's Biketoberfest for motorcycles in Daytona Beach, and Biketober for bicycles at various locations.
- Slot-tober at a casino.
- Mr. A-Rod-tober -- A designation for the Yankees slugger, formerly known as Mr. Flop-Tober.
- Sports'tober -- An appreciation for the many varieties of sports played in this month.
- Bock-tober -- Seasonal beer for a seasonal fest.
- Scotchtober -- Oktoberfest for malt lovers.
- Hot-tober -- whining about the heat in Florida.
- Dogtober -- various ways to help our furry friends.
What else can we come up with for examples, rules, or idle speculation?