Sunday, January 18, 2009

Superizory role

Another one I've apparently missed. This is from an article about using Plurk:
On to some extras to uberfy your plurking!

So ... uber is the new super. (I actually blogged about this several hundred years ago.) Therefore, to uberfy is to make super-duper, yes? One might say that it's akin to pimping: On to some extras to pimp your plurking!

I do like it, tho as a former student of the Germanics, I still have a hard time letting go of Mr. Herr Umlaut. (And for that matter, front rounded vowels.)

Incidentally, the article from which this comes includes a link to Plurk that is labeled as obviated for invites. I understand about invitations/invites to join certain Web-based communities, but I can't say that I can figure out exactly what the author means by obviated in this context. (Obviously, I'm not going to be getting any invites to Plurk anytime soon.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It’s so nice site. We love to see more on this site. Keep on updating… MonkAreYou Bali

Jim Webster said...

Ümlaüts are sö übercööl, düde. Just ask Blue Öyster Cult.

But the Plurk thing goes right by me. Sounds like something buzzed up by a marketroid.